Re: Running a test with a different destination of the test directory

On 21/08/2018 04:45, Dan Mick wrote:
On 08/20/2018 04:19 AM, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
Hoi,

If I look at the code of src/vstart.sh it looks like the intention of
this part is to allow the data directories to be on a different place
from the std???

if [ -n "$VSTART_DEST" ]; then
   SRC_PATH=`dirname $0`
   SRC_PATH=`(cd $SRC_PATH; pwd)`

   CEPH_DIR=$SRC_PATH
   CEPH_BIN=${PWD}/bin
   CEPH_LIB=${PWD}/lib

   CEPH_CONF_PATH=$VSTART_DEST
   CEPH_DEV_DIR=$VSTART_DEST/dev
   CEPH_OUT_DIR=$VSTART_DEST/out
   CEPH_ASOK_DIR=$VSTART_DEST/out
fi

Is that a correct assumption?

Otherwise my attempts fail badly..
( export VSTART_DEST=/tmp/rbd-ggate; mkdir -p $VSTART_DEST; cd build;
ctest -R rbd-ggate -V )

it works without ctest; possible that ctest is setting/resetting
something that gets in the way maybe?

'mmm,

Not really, I expect. Because if it would it can only "clobber" VSTART_DEST, and that gets there A-oke.

It is more like the CEPH_CONF_PATH and some other small things don't get their prefix rewritten.

But you are right, I could also try it without ctest. I'm so used in doing that, that the thought to do it any other wayd did not even occur.

Thanx,
--WjW