Re: container id config variable substitution

Also, note that we are doing this because most of the containerized
deployments of Ceph use --net=host option from Docker (exposes host's
network stack). This means the container hostname is the same as the
host it's running on. Otherwise, we would have simply used the unique
container hostname when not using --net=host.
On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 5:45 PM Sage Weil <sweil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Some of the container-based deployment scenarios bind-mount /var/run (or
> /run these days?) to the host's /var/run.  This allows admin
> socket scrapers to run once on the host for all containers.  (I'm not sure
> if there are other motivations for doing this.)
>
> In order for that to work, we need to make sure the asok files don't
> collide (e.g., two osd.0's on the host in different clusters/containers
> both trying to use /var/run/ceph/ceph-osd.0.asok).
>
> Ideally, I think, there would be a 'container id' that is unique for each
> container on the host that could be used in the admin_socket config option
> specifying the filename.  Does such a thing exist?
>
> Seb also mentioned
>
> > On docker only this works:
> >
> > [root@ceph-nano-lul-faa32aebf00b /]# awk -F '/' '/:memory:\/docker/ \
> >   {print $3}' /proc/self/cgroup
> > b80d7e22a089348498710e11be333dd97ed31c000e914ebc03da2b3a76a0aca6
>
> but that seems less than ideal.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks!
> sage
>
> --

Cheers

––––––
Sébastien Han
Principal Software Engineer, Storage Architect

"Always give 100%. Unless you're giving blood."

Mail: seb@xxxxxxxxxx
Address: 11 bis, rue Roquépine - 75008 Paris