Re: download.ceph.com repository changes

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 5:08 PM Dan van der Ster <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 4:59 PM Alfredo Deza <adeza@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > What we did with our mirror was: `rm -f *12.2.6*; createrepo --update
> > > .` Took a few seconds. Then disabled the mirror cron.
> >
> > Up until next time when we cut another release and you have to
> > re-enable the mirror with 12.2.6 in it :(
> >

> Right... we re-sync'd 12.2.6 along with 12.2.7 -- but people here
> mostly grab the highest version.
>
> > This is also fast for RPM repos, but not quite fast for DEB repos.
> > Finally, *if* you are doing this, the metadata changes, and the repos
> > need to
> > be signed again. I am curious how that --update operation didn't make
> > installations complain
>
> Good question.. I don't know enough about the repo signatures to
> comment on this.

I asked our mirror man. Apparently we don't sign the repo, only the
rpms. So not applicable in general I suppose.

Another completely different (and not my) idea, how about we retag the
last good release with z+1. In this case we had 12.2.5 as the last
good, and 12.2.6 broken, so we add the v12.2.7 tag on v12.2.5,
effectively re-pushing 12.2.5 to the top.

-- dan