Re: Jenkins job for Ceph mgr dashboard frontend tests

Hi Josh,

On Montag, 23. Juli 2018 17:59:19 CEST Josh Durgin wrote:
> On 07/23/2018 06:12 AM, Laura Paduano wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've created a pull request which is supposed run our Ceph mgr dashboard
> > frontend (e2e) tests. [1]
> > In oder to run those tests, we need a compiled Ceph around on the system.
> > So I was wondering how to integrate this into the Jenkins job..
> > I guess one option would be to include the run-make-check script
> > like it's used in the ceph-pull-request Jenkins job [2]  ?
> > Or is there any other way?
> >
> > [1] https://github.com/ceph/ceph-build/pull/1086
> > [2]
> > https://github.com/ceph/ceph-build/blob/master/ceph-pull-requests/config/
> > definitions/ceph-pull-requests.yml#L56
>
> These tests seem pretty fast - 40s on my laptop - much faster than
> building or downloading ceph binaries.

currently we do not have a lot of e2e tests for the dashboard, but I fear
it'll be more time consuming to run the tests after we've added some more.
We have  ~680 tests in openATTIC and it takes 45 minutes to execute them.. :/
So I'm not sure if it would still be an option to integrate the tests into the
ceph-pull-request Job (or maybe it would be fine if we could configure the job
in a way that it will only run those tests for PRs with the label "dashboard"
or so..)

Thanks for your feedback!
Laura