Re: RFC: flags and --yes-i-really-mean-it

On Mon, 9 Jul 2018, Joao Eduardo Luis wrote:

1) We can take a single YIRMI to imply approval for any such flags;

[...]

#1 seems the correct one. I think it's reasonable to expect that a
single `yes I really mean it` flag will be applicable to all flags being
set/unset.

My only hesitation (and the reason I'm asking the list) is that if the /point/ of YIRMI is to be extra-sure the user wants to set a potentially dangerous flag, allowing multiple such flags to be set risks accidentally adding a YIRMI flag without knowing it-- for example, in a script that's been humming along for a while, someone could easily/innocently add a harmful flag as part of a group, whereas right now this is inherently avoided because we can only set one flag at a time (implicitly requiring YIRMI for each flag).

But, I am also good with this (if nobody else has concerns)-- and, it's also the most straightforward to implement.

-Jesse