De: "Nathan Cutler" <ncutler@xxxxxxx>
À: ceph-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Envoyé: Samedi 7 Juillet 2018 02:16:25
Objet: Odd ctest behavior on Python 3 system - oh, it's caused by gtest-parallel!

It just came to my attention that we are using gtest-parallel now. This
was introduced by https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/22577

The immediate problem with this is that it breaks "make check" on
systems that do not have Python 2 installed, because gtest-parallel is a
python script that starts with:

     #!/usr/bin/env python2

In other words, PR#22577 introduces an undeclared indirect dependency on
Python 2 into Ceph, at a time when we are trying to _eliminate_ Python 2
as a dependency.

I have already opened https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/22924 to revert
this, but I thought I'd solicit opinions here, too. Especially on
whether folks agree with my broader premise that undeclared dependencies
not desirable.

Nathan