Re: start using cmake3

On 07/05/2018 04:31 AM, kefu chai wrote:
probably it's time to switch over to cmake3 in Ceph now.

cmake3 comes with some nice features, among which, INTERFACE library,
better C++11 support. and... the Seastar project plans to use cmake 3.
so to minimise the efforts to maintain our own Seastar branch, it
would be better to use cmake 3 also.

cmake3 is already available in the distros supported by us. see
following listing:

centos/rhel7: 2.8.12
centos/rhel (EPEL repo): 3.11.2
debian (stable): 3.7.2
openSUSE (Leap): 3.5.2
SLES (12):  2.8.12
SLES (devel:tools:building): 3.11.4
xenial: cmake 3.5.1

@Nathan, could you help confirm on the SuSE side?

Just to confirm, by switch over to cmake3 you mean something like

BuildRequires: cmake > 3.5

in the spec file (and Debian equivalent)?

SUSE is fine with this for all actively maintained versions of Ceph (and I guess you're only thinking about Nautilus and above).

Nathan