Re: dashboard/grafana integration

On 25-06-2018 02:12, Paul Cuzner wrote:
:) That's what I suspected, but since the docs have a section [1]
currently on embedding I thought I'd give it a go!

If this feature is going to be a while, perhaps the docs should be amended?

Also, no one answered the question I raised about mgr module
enabling/disabling leading to UI disruption. Is this a known thing, or
am I doing something wrong?

It's a known thing and a limitation of the current authentication implementation. Currently we use a statefull approach for handling authentication and therefore if the dashboard is restarted (either by disabling/enabling it, or by restarting the ceph-mgr daemon) the user session is lost, and the UI needs to authenticate again.

We plan to change this solution to a stateless approach based on JWT (Json Web Token). Using the new approach, even when a ceph-mgr dameon dies and we fallback to another ceph-mgr daemon instance, the user continues to be "logged in".

Thanks,
Ricardo Dias

Thanks!

  [1] http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/mgr/dashboard/#enabling-the-embedding-of-grafana-dashboards