Rook/kubernetes dev environment + "kubejacker" script for hacking on Ceph inside Rook

Hi all,

Increasing numbers of us are doing kubernetes/Rook related stuff
lately, probably each with slightly different dev setups -- I thought
I'd share mine.

(1/3) A Kubernetes cluster
====================

My nodes are physical CentOS 7 hosts on the same LAN as my development
workstation.  It's a bit heavyweight to use physical nodes, but I
value having physical storage devices for the device detection etc,
and I also like all the flashing lights.

I use kubeadm to turn them into a Kubernetes cluster according to this
guide: https://kubernetes.io/docs/setup/independent/create-cluster-kubeadm/,
using the Flannel CNI module.

Once Kubernetes is happy, I apply the default rook .yaml files for
operator, cluster and tools from
https://github.com/rook/rook/tree/master/cluster/examples/kubernetes

(2/3) A docker registry
=================

Using the docker-distribution RPM, default configuration (HTTP on port 5000).
Because this is running insecure, all my kubernetes nodes need an
/etc/docker/daemon.json file with {"insecure-registries":
["<myhost>:5000"]}

(3/3) A handy script
===============

To enable testing out my Ceph changes quickly without building
packages for inclusion in a normal Rook build, I use a script that
injects the binaries I care about as an extra layer on top of the Rook
image.  The script is here, on my wip-rook-orchestrator branch:
https://github.com/jcsp/ceph/pull/7/commits/dca87fd8c8c57fa335bee5856a48b4fcb2e97c0c

To make sure I've got binaries that will work within the ubuntu-based
Rook containers, I'm also building my local Ceph tree inside an ubuntu
16.04 docker container.

The script assumes it's running on a development node that has working
~/.kube configuration to use kubectl, and that it has access to your
docker repo.

Once all that's set up, I can make changes in my local Ceph tree,
build whichever binary I care about, and then push it out to my Rook
cluster in a matter of seconds, woohoo!

Cheers,
John