Re: issue with building vstart ceph cluster from source

On Sat, Apr 28, 2018 at 2:17 AM, Casey Bodley <cbodley@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 04/27/2018 01:53 PM, Rishabh Dave wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am building from source on the master branch (with the latest
>> changes) but I get the following error -
>>
>> /home/user/repos/ceph/src/librados/librados_asio.h:81:47: error:
>> ‘BOOST_ASIO_LEGACY_COMPLETION_HANDLER_CHECK’ was not declared in this
>> scope
>>
>> Is it a known issue? How do I get around it? I've pasted the snippet
>> containing the error messages from the make's output here -
>> https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/uq9z5VFXi4T-0BB4BtgWWQ.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Rishabh
>> --
>

> Hi Rishabh,
>
> This line was recently changed in https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/21572
> with the update to boost 1.67. It looks like you've somehow managed to build
> against an older version of boost - but our cmake build is supposed to
> detect that, and fetch/build its own version of boost 1.67.

Rishabh, probably you could remove CMakeCache.txt and rerun the cmake
command? my guess is that "make" failed to re-launch cmake after the
cmake script is updated, and hence to error out as it is supposed to
do so when check the boost version.

> --

Regards
Kefu Chai