Re: Questions about rbd-mirror

Hi Jason,

   Thanks for your answer about my questions, I got lot !!!
   Is there anywhere to record the blueprint about rbd-mirror ?
   I'm insteresing in rbd mirror and want to do something to help improving it!

Best regards
Yu Shengzuo

On 04/04/2018, 9:07 PM, "Jason Dillaman" <ceph-devel-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of jdillama@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 11:36 PM, YuShengzuo <yu.shengzuo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > Hi Jason,
    >

    >                 Some questions about rbd-mirror:
    >

    > About the ‘split brain’ state of RBD:
    >
    > One use case is primary cluster all down, then promote secondary cluster
    > rbd.
    >
    > And Now if we recover primary cluster and demote rbd to sync from one in
    > secondary.
    >
    > The state of this rbd will be ‘split-brain’, and we have to do ‘image
    > resync’.
    >

    > In this case,
    >
    > why the ‘split-brain’ state is necessary?

    The split-brain state is necessary because site A and site B versions
    of the image can now be different.

    >  Any soft way to do ‘resync’ , just sync different data from secondary
    > rbd-journal?

    Not right now but it would be possible provided that the
    force-promoted image was 100% up-to-date w/ the original primary
    image. There is also a goal (of mine at least) to get OSD support for
    deep-deletion of objects (where all snapshot clones are deleted, not
    just the HEAD revision) so that could roll-back changes from the
    original primary image by copying the affected objects from the
    force-promoted image.

    > (So violence about resync, delete and wait 30s to sync again)
    >
    > About network of rbd-mirror process:
    >
    > The bandwidth will be used much when syncing. Any way to set the work of
    > rbd-mirror to use
    >
    > an independence network card ?

    If your site A and site B Ceph clusters are in different subnets,
    standard network routing rules would move your mirroring traffic to
    the specified NIC.

    --
    Jason