Re: Cephalocon QA: RGW scrubbing

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 12:55 AM, Gregory Farnum <gfarnum@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> To conclude the meeting, Varada from Flipkart had a proposal to build
> an “rgw scrub” which can be used in a lab (or live!) setting. He noted
> that while RADOS has a very good scrubbing mechanism, there’s nothing
> for RGW to ensure its higher-level data integrity, and that’s
> distressing both in deployments and when making sure that tests of new
> patches have correctly preserved data, rather than silently relying on
> something in a caching layer.
> --

Right. It is something that we really miss. It can probably be tied up
with multisite DR, but not necessarily. For a single site we could
pretty much only report that objects went bad (which is still useful,
and probably help with tracking down corruption issues). In multi-zone
environment we could use it fo actually recover data.

Yehuda