Re: Ceph 'brag' Manager Module

On Thu, 29 Mar 2018, Wido den Hollander wrote:
> On 03/28/2018 12:12 PM, John Spray wrote:

> >> I've been slightly lazy as I've been writing this module under Luminous
> >> 12.2.4 and get_service_map() isn't available there.
> >
> > The get_service_map implementation in master dashboard is using the
> > list_servers/get_metadata/get_daemon_status hooks that are already
> > present in 12.2.4 -- should be possible to see the rgws etc through
> > those.
>
> Ah, ok! But I'll have to develop against master/Mimick anyway, so I'll
> update my test cluster shortly.
>
> RGWs and such would be welcome in the report indeed.

One other request: it would be nice to get a dump of the pool stat struct,
either per-pool or for the whole cluster.  It has a lot of random counters
in it (like # of objects with omap) and occasionally gets other items like

  int64_t num_legacy_snapsets; ///< upper bound on pre-luminous-style SnapSets
  int64_t num_large_omap_objects = 0;
  int64_t num_objects_manifest = 0;

or

  int64_t num_flush;
  int64_t num_flush_kb;
  int64_t num_evict;
  int64_t num_evict_kb;
  int64_t num_promote;

which can tell us a lot about which features are being used in the wild
(and inform decisions about what to support going forward).

This comes from

 ceph pg dump pools -f json-pretty

except we'd want to strip out identifying information (like the pool
names).

sage