ceph-volume: hard to replace ceps-disk now and not good implemented

Hi, Sage

Although we have  ceph-volume now, ceps-volume cannot work as expected
in most of scenarios. For example:

when we use:

ceph-volume lvm prepare --filestore --data /dev/sda --journal /dev/sdl1  or
ceph-volume lvm prepare --bluestore --data /dev/sda --block.db /dev/sdl1

1. we need to create a Physical Volume for /dev/sda before it can be
used. and ceph-volume does not help us to do that
2. the params of --journal or --block.db must be a partitioned disk
such as /dev/sdl1 or /dev/sdl1, and cannot be a raw device without
partition -- /dev/sdl like ceps-disk does and automatically create the
partition by using sgdisk.
3. we must explicitly use --journal or --block.db, --block.wal to tell
ceph-volume where to put the data. It cannot be automatically
partition or create multiple logical volumes for different usage, such
as
lvcreate --size 100M VG -n odd-block-meta-{uuid}
lvcreate --size {bluestore_block_db_size} VG -n osd-block-db-{uuid}
lvcreate --size {bluestore_block_wal_size}  VG -n osd-block-wal-{uuid}
lvcreate -l 100%FREE VG -n osd-block-{uuid}   (use the left space for data)

it seems now hard to switch to ceph-volume from ceps-disk. And if
though, we need to do much extra work in ceph-ansible and help to
prepare all the thing above. so is there any plan to enhance the
function, or design spec of ceph-volume? and we may help on this.

Regards
Ning Yao