Re: Ceph 'brag' Manager Module

On 03/26/2018 11:45 AM, Lenz Grimmer wrote:
> On 03/25/2018 12:01 PM, Wido den Hollander wrote:
>
>>> 4- Perhaps include summary of other daemon types? I don't see the mds
>>> count below, and a count of other items in teh servicemap (rgw,
>>> rbd-mirror) would be interesting.
>>>

>> If I'm able to fetch that through the mgr I will. Need to look into that.
>
> There is a get_service_map() method in the Dashboard, I wonder if that's
> what you're looking for?

Aha! That might work indeed. Let me look into that.

> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/src/pybind/mgr/dashboard/services/ceph_service.py#L15
>
>> The updated code is here: https://github.com/wido/ceph/commits/mgr-brag
>>
>> Not opening a PR yet as I still have more work to do on the server-side.
>>
>> I'm not a true GUI expert, so somebody else will hopefully step in and
>> make something so that we can fetch the data out of ElasticSearch.
>
> Isn't that what Kibana is supposed to be doing?
>
> https://www.elastic.co/products/kibana

Probably yes, but I also would like a public part for users who say that
they want their report to be public:

$ ceph brag config-set public true

People should then be able to link to for example:

https://brag.ceph.com/report/<uuid>

They would then get back a cool page which shows the latest and maybe
historical growth of their cluster. But that's future stuff.

Wido