Re: containerised deployment cannot support lvm mode in ceph-volume

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 4:52 AM, Ning Yao <zay11022@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> Currently, we want to move to ceph-volume by using lvm mode to
> bootstraps osd. However it seems now ceph-ansible disable the lvm
> method when enable containerized deployment. I wanna if docker does
> not support lvm yet, or for other considerations? As I know, we enable
> the privilege mode in container, it can access all device in the
> system /dev/ directory?

The ceph-container project only supports regular partitions as it is
tied to ceph-disk.

This is why ceph-ansible should not allow LVM for deploying
containers. Not sure when will full support for ceph-volume will
happen in containers.