Ordering subscription messages to MonClient vs. command responses

Hi all,

I was looking at places in ceph-mgr where we send a command from a
module, and then want to proceed with some logic that involves reading
the osdmap (there is a local copy in the manager, maintained by
Objecter).

I had been thinking that we should include cluster map epochs in the
MMonCommandAck messages so that the client can (optionally) wait for
that latest OSDMap before it considers the command complete.

Then I thought, maybe this isn't necessary at all, because the mons
would be doing the check_subs() etc calls before they actually respond
to commands, so clients would always get their updated maps before
seeing a command response message.

So: mon experts, what do you think?  Is it safe to assume that clients
will get their subscription updates before a command completion (even
in the case of commands being forwarded)?  Or do we maybe need a
little bit more logic on the client side in the manager?

Cheers,
John