Re: bluestore_cache_size_ssd and bluestore_cache_size_hdd default values

Hi,

on my ssd cluster (1,6TB intel s3610), I'm seeing 1G RSS memory on filestore vs 7,5-8,5GB on bluestore. (with default ceph.conf, no tuning).

Currently, I'm restart my osd each 2week to avoid out of memory.

is it a normal ? I'm far from 3G memory by osd.

filestore jewel
---------------
USER         PID %CPU %MEM    VSZ   RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
ceph      48957 13.9  1.6 2984276 1097996 ?     Ssl   2017 65408:50 /usr/bin/ceph-osd -f --cluster ceph --id 3 --setuser ceph --setgroup ceph

bluestore luminous
------------------

USER         PID %CPU %MEM    VSZ   RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
ceph     1718009  2.5 11.7 8542012 7725992 ?     Ssl   2017 2463:28 /usr/bin/ceph-osd -f --cluster ceph --id 5 --setuser ceph --setgroup ceph

# ceph daemon osd.5 dump_mempools
{
    "bloom_filter": {
        "items": 0,