Re: s/Mutex/ceph::mutex/, lockdep

On Fri, 16 Mar 2018, Sage Weil wrote:

I think all of this is secondary (and mostly doesn't matter)... the *real*
win will be using std::mutex instead of ceph::debugging_mutex.  It
almost doesn't matter how slow debugging_mutex is.  Having fast debug
builds is nice, but let's not get distracted from the real prize!

Would need to try it and measure, but I think that we *should* be able to get something that basically has no overhead compared to a raw std::mutex, depending on how the discussion about string copying and lockdep turns out... but I think it can be done, or mighty close...

-Jesse