Fwd: Grafana dashboards

> +1 for pushing this to the public list soon (also for not exposing your grafana instance to the world)

I have obfuscated the credentials and I am forwarding this to the ceph-devel.

> As Lenz indicated, we have a set of quite functional dashboards and I have been collecting feedback from a variety of users on how to improve these.
> My plan was to propose these dashboards for the Ceph project. Then two weeks ago Grafana v5 was released and it has a number of features that we
> should incorporate. So since then I have been busy setting things up for Grafana 5 and am in the process of re-rolling the dashboards for that (with the
> afore mentioned feedback).
> I'd heavily recommend checking out the last grafana!

We are also thinking about using grafana v5 (we have done some tests),
we are little worried that it is not fully backwards compatible with
grafana 4.x though.

> As for collaboration: I'm all for it. Its probably a good idea to set this off with a meeting of interested parties. If everyone is down with that, I'm happy to
> organise such a thing.

I suppose we can set this up. All the  interested parties should be in
the CC of this e-mail thread.

> Iiuc the whole service map implementation is not quite far enough yet. I.e. we will have to have a (rados) gateway specific exporter for now.

>From what I have heard today, there have been some changes in master
in this area and the rgw data should now be flowing to the ceph-mgr
although ceph-mgr does not expose it, yet.

What rgw-specific exporter did you have in mind? Do you want to use an
existing or write a new exporter?

Regards,
Boris