Re: Ceph and management tools interaction proposal

Hi Ricardo,

thanks a lot for writing up this proposal! I'd like to add one small bit
of information:

On 02/19/2018 09:35 AM, Ricardo Dias wrote:

[...]

> Now some concrete aspects of approach b):
>
> Usually MTs already provide a non-pure (for purists) REST interface that
> can be extended. I know that salt has this (this is what is used for
> communication between openATTIC and DeepSea), k8s also has, and I'm not
> aware of such thing for ansible, but some simple webserver could be
> placed in front of ansible to provide the same kind of REST interface.

As far as I know, AWX, the open sourced version of Ansible Tower already
provides a REST API, which could be used here:

  https://github.com/ansible/awx
  http://docs.ansible.com/ansible-tower/latest/html/towerapi/index.html

So basically we would be talking to some HTTP-based API for three
management tools mentioned here.

Lenz

--
SUSE Linux GmbH - Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg (Germany)
GF:Felix Imendörffer,Jane Smithard,Graham Norton,HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)