osdmap consistency during incremental applying in kernel client

Hi All,

In ceph kernel client, osdmap_apply_incremental() can fail by failing of
allocation memory in many places, in this case, current osdmap can not
keep consistency after applying failure.

I’m not sure how much impact will be caused by this kind of inconsistency
but for safety it’s better to keep osdmap consistency all the time even
failing from incremental applying.

I’m trying to make some patches to fix this issue, but first of all please
let me know what do you think for this, I would be grateful if you could
share some ideas with me.

Thanks,
Chengguang.