Re: LOCK_SYNC_MIX state makes "getattr" operations extremely slow when there are lots of clients issue writes or reads to the same file

>> And, since "Fw" is still not issued to the writing client yet in the
>> LOCK_SYNC_MIX state, it seems that getattr requests should be
>> processed instead of blocked in this state, is this right?
>
> this will starve writer if there are lots of getattr

Hi, Zheng Yan, thanks for your reply:-)

However, I think as long as MDS processes client requests in the order
of their arrival, writer shouldn't be starved, right?
Actually, in our case, the current mechanism starves writers as
illustrated in http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/22925