Re: RGW bucket tagging

Andreas Calminder <andreas.calminder@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Thanks for your reply Matt, I did some more poking around; you're
> right, there's no support for bucket tagging. Does anyone know if this
> feature will be implemented somewhere in the foreseeable future?

Yeah, this feature isn't implemented yet.

Though it should be relatively easier to implement, since it doesn't tie
into any other functionalities unlike object tagging, and purely
provides a tagging API which is similar to what we've already
implemented for Object Tagging.

> Best regards,
> andreas
>
> On 26 January 2018 at 17:08, Matt Benjamin <mbenjami@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Andreas,
>>
>> I think we don't support bucket tagging yet.  There is support for
>> object tagging, plus integration w/bucket policy and lifecycle.
>>
>> Abhishek, do you have anything to add here?
>>
>> Matt
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 9:47 AM, Andreas Calminder
>> <andreas.calminder@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I'm evaluating the possibility of using tags for buckets in RGW, using
>>> boto3 s3.BucketTagging.put returns  client error and the rgw log
>>> throws a 400 and says: provided input did not specify location
>>> constraint correctly

This ideally should've reported 501 NotImplemented instead of a client
error (probably still does for AWSv4 auth?)

--
Abhishek Lekshmanan
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)