Re: Ceph Manager brag module

On 12/15/2017 09:14 AM, Blair Bethwaite wrote:
I would sign up to have a regular rados bench or similar run at a configurable time on our clusters.

I would have to look into that as I don't know how much the manager can access.

At first we just want to gather metadata and send it back so that we get a feeling of how Ceph is used and how big/small the systems are.

Thanks for the input!

Wido

On 15 Dec. 2017 10:44 am, "Vasu Kulkarni" <vakulkar@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:vakulkar@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

     > On Dec 14, 2017, at 1:24 AM, Wido den Hollander <wido@xxxxxxxx
    <mailto:wido@xxxxxxxx>> wrote:

     > Hi,
     >
     > After discussing with Sage I started to work [0] on a 'brag'
    module for Ceph Manager.

     > The intention of this module is to send (after a opt-in!)
    statistics about a Ceph cluster back to the project every few days.

     > My intention is to include:
     >
     > - fsid (as identifier)
     > - number of MONs
     > - number of OSDs
     > - FileStore / BlueStore
     > - number of pools / PGs
     > - data used in bytes
     > - data free
     > - number of objects,
     > - version(s)
     >
     > A admin can also say that the report is allowed to be 'public'
    where you can then visit (for example)
    https://brag.ceph.com/public/<fsid> and show off your Ceph cluster.

     > You could then add a description and we could compile top lists
    about Ceph systems.

     > How do people think about this? Would this be interesting?

    Great idea, It would be also nice to have some info on hw/osd tree +
    rados bench results runs for 2 mins with few profiles which could be
    displayed alongside (could be optional
    and admin’s choice)

     > I would try to convince most of my customers to send this
    information back to the project. The more information we get, the
    better Ceph can become.

    <mailto:majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    <http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html>