Re: Bluestore and jemalloc

On Fri, 15 Dec 2017, Mike A wrote:
> Hello!
>
> After fix this issue http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/20557 Ceph is still
> working with jemalloc? Or it’s not possible right now only after will be
> fix a issue in rocksdb?
>
> I have a work to create a cluster based on nvme disks with jemalloc
> enabled configuration. Now I'm worried jemalloc support in ceph about.

I'm not sure about the current status of the bug: I don't know why
jemalloc and rocksdb were not working together, and I'm not sure whether
the fix is simple (build option?) or more complex.

It's also not clear whether jemalloc is going to be helpful or that this
is important.  jemalloc was much better than tcmalloc with
SimpleMessenger, but the default is now AsyncMessenger and there wasn't
much of a delta.

Either way, jemalloc is a runtime option, so either it works or it
doesn't, but the fix is to restart the daemons--there's no risk.

sage