Re: mimic-dev1 branch for 13.0.1

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 1:57 AM, Sage Weil <sweil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've pushed a mimic-dev1 branch and am kicking off a bunch of qa runs for
> the 13.0.1 dev checkpoint release.  The goal here is to make sure these QA
> runs are clean so that we don't have weeks and weeks of cleaning up our
> testing debt at the end of the mimic cycle.  Yuri is on PTO right now so
> it'll be up to the leads to drive these tests for now.
>
> Overall for the rados suite I think we are in reasonably good shape,
> but there are definitely some failures that we should clean up before
> moving on.
>
> Please try to merge fixes directly into the mimic-dev1 branch (instead of
> cherry-picking the fixes).  We will periodically merge mimic-dev1 back
> into master, and also merge the eventual 13.0.1 release tag into master as
> well.

some fixes also address the QA suite failures on master branch, if they go to
mimic-dev1 and will not go back to master branch immediately. we will still be
seeing test failures in the merge window. take
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/19395,
as an example, it is in mimic-dev1 first. but i found that the same failure also
existed in master, that's why i want to have this fix in master before waiting
the merge in batch.

so, shall we just be more patient in this case, or we can forward-port
the fix to
master immediately?

--
Regards