Re: config on mons

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 1:43 AM, Yehuda Sadeh-Weinraub
<ysadehwe@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> - What about ceph.conf?  My thought here is to mark which options are
>> legal for bootstrap (i.e., used during the initial connection to mon to
>> authenticate and fetch config), and warn on anything other than that in
>> ceph.conf.  But what about after you connect?  Do these options get reset
>> to default?
>
> And also hat about configurables passed in as args? I think that other
> than any local configuration (ceph.conf, args) should still be used to
> override config from mons. We can add warnings and whistles to warn
> when such configuration exists, but should not lose it.

This comes up whenever we talk about the centralized config so I guess
it never quite got put to rest...

The big downside to letting services selectively ignore the mons is
that anyone building a user interface is pretty much screwed if they
want to show the current value of a config setting, unless we make the
MonClient config subscription a two-way thing that enables services to
*set* their own config (from their ceph.conf) in addition to receiving
it.

John