Re: {pg_num} auto-tuning project

On Mon, 6 Nov 2017, bhavishya wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm resending this since last one failed due to html-subpart.
>
> I started to work on {pg_num} autotuning project, needed your advice on some
> aspects:
>
> 1)I'll add `pybind/module.py` which uses {pg_calc} formula to calculate
> {pg_num}. But for this I'll need the parameters required for {pg_calc}
> formaula...to get them...what should I do:
>
> --> Use get('pg_summary')['all'] ...but where can I find the complete mapping
> of  'pg_summary'?
> --> In OSDMonitor.cc I did found the ALLCHOICES map but it didn't had the all
> parameters.
> --> Anywhere else I should look?

To support hte balancer module I added a module interface that gives
you the mappings for all PGs in a pool.  Is this what you're after?
(map_pool_pgs_up()).  I would think that all you really care about is the
pool metadata (how many pgs per pool) vs the OSD count and how much data
is stored.  That is all available via the osdmap itself or the by-pool
stats.

To see what is currently exposed to mgr modules you can look at
get_python() in PyModules.cc.

sage