Re: Encrypted over WAN?

I think that is a hard security pill to swallow sending data in
plaintext over the WAN. I think there are mitm and replay attack
issues. I dont think anyone would knowingly send unencrypted file
server content across the WAN.

I think in about 15 states or so, Sarbanes Oxley laws prevents certain
personal information to be "transmitted" in the clear. You need to ask
a lawyer what that means. maybe it doesn't apply here.  This is
information HR and Finance depts typically hold. I could see that some
HR could be clueless on what their file system is doing with their
data. Also IT guys don't necessarily know corporate law. I don't know
if HIPAA or Gramm-Leach-Blilely Act would have problems. I don't think
Equifax will use Ceph.

In a federated setup, is there a way to wrap the region to region
traffic and encrypt?