inconsistent file issue

Hi Zheng,

we have been suffering from an inconsistent issue in cephfs :

kernel version : 3.1.0
ceph version: 10.2.5

we are using the kernel client to mount cephfs
we mount the ceph filesystem on two machines all with kernel 3.1.0,
but the strange thing is that the content of one same file is different from the two machines.
and we are certain one machine has the correct content.

 we didn’t know the way to reproduce it , and we don’t have the log here.
 i’m wondering maybe it’s because  there is some bug within kernel client, so that the client think
 it has enough capability to read it just from it’s buffer, no need to get the cap from mds, so it didn’t get the latest content.

 since the kernel is too old, may be you have fixed this kind inconsistent issues ?

Regards,
Dongdong