Re: size of testing lab

On Wed, 13 Sep 2017, Two Spirit wrote:
> Can you tell me how many chassis are in the lab you setup that you
> believe will adequately test Ceph?

The sepia lab has a few hundred machines in it... see

	http://pulpito.ceph.com/nodes/

(ignoring 'down' and 'vps' entries).

Whether that is enough depends on what you are testing and what your goals
of testing are.  We use the lab for validating changes to the code, and
the hardware is sized/tuned for our tests.  Most users want to test on the
hardware they'll go into production with, and are primarily interested in
performance and robustness (handling of failures and so on).  What scale
is needed for that testing depends on what scale you're likely to
deploy...

sage