Re: [ceph-users] Ceph release cadence

It is not because user want to skip odd release, it just we usually
land major and important feature to even release:)

We have several large ceph cluster starting from Firefly Although in
practice we only use LTS release but it is not because we bias LTS
release, just the timeline is a little bit misleading...  Lets use
kraken as an example , it is out on late jan , when I deciding whether
to upgrade all cluster to kraken,  the timeline said Luminous will be
out on April, although from the community activity it doesn't looks
like it, but in all public presentation we(the community) were
releasing the same information.

Considering the effort of  pre-production test and rolling upgrade
usually take half a month, we decide to skip kraken and wait for
another 3 month(but actually 8 months).

Rethinking about it now,  if  either

1) community re-adjust the release timeline in Jun, postpone Luminous
to August , we will do the upgrade.
2) some important features first ready in Kraken( Multi-mds,
Bluestore, EC overwrite), we will also do the upgrade.

But both are not true.