distributed point-in-time consistency report

Hi Xuehan,

Thanks for presenting during CDM!  The final report I mentioned for the
Red Hat / Harvey Mudd clinic that looked at the point-in-time consistency
and time sync problem is at

	http://newdream.net/~sage/RedHatFinalReport%2014-15.pdf

If I understood correctly, this is essentially what you are proposing,
except that the delay is done on the OSD instead of the client.  I think
this improves a few things:

 - fewer OSDs, fewer clocks to sync
 - in most deployments, OSD to OSD latency will be lower
 - clock error bound will be smaller
 - fewer nodes whose clocks might jitter at the wrong time and invalidate
the checkpoint

Also, I *think* we can simply delay the OSD replies, preventing any causal
link with a subsequent operation; new requests can still be
processed, and hopefully the impact on overall workload will be
very small.

Does that simplify your approach or make it more complex?  I couldn't tell
if there were other reasons or advantages to doing it on the client.

Thanks!
sage