why mds sends a caps message of "zero" inode max size to client when finishing "open a new created file" ?

Hi:
         I followed the open call of file to mds code. And I found
that when finishing open a new file(new created), mds will send a cap
message of inode max size(value of zero) to the client.

        The code in Locker::share_inode_max_size in ceph/src/mds/Server.cc:

        class C_MDS_openc_finish : public ServerLogContext {
        {
        public:
                void finish(int r) override {

get_mds()->locker->share_inode_max_size(newi);//"inode max size" is
zero when opening new file//share_inode_max_size will call
send_message_client_counted to send caps message to client
                }
        }

        The call code:
        void Server::handle_client_openc(MDRequestRef& mdr)//open new file here
        {
                C_MDS_openc_finish *fin = new C_MDS_openc_finish(this,
mdr, dn, in, follows);
                journal_and_reply(mdr, in, dn, le, fin);
        }

        My question is: is this caps message of max inode size(of
zero) redundant? Or is this message for other uses?

       Thanks for your reading, I really appreciate your rely. Thanks!

Best Regards!
Mark Meyers