Re: New ceph/ceph-helm repo?

On Tue, 29 Aug 2017, John Spray wrote:
> According to a github notification, we now have a new "ceph-helm" repo
> in the ceph github project, which is a fork of kubernetes/charts.  I
> don't know how to get github to tell me who created it, so asking the
> list -- what's the story?

That's me!  There's a new Containers team with people with commit access.

This is where the upstream helm chart for ceph will live. It's a fork of
kubernetes/charts so that we can eventually submit the latest upstream to
the "official" kubernetes upstream charts repository.

The current latest-and-greatest ceph helm chart lives in
openstack/openstack-helm[/ceph], but (1) it's nonintuitive that the ceph
charts live there, and (2) it has been very slow getting changes submitted
upstream (lack of attention from the openstack folks plus the joys of
dealing with gerrit and the surrounding openstack process).

sage