Re: libradosstriper

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 11:39 PM, Gregory Farnum <gfarnum@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 12:18 PM, Jesse Williamson <jwilliamson@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> What are the future plans for libradosstriper? Are we planning on keeping it
>> around, or does the crystal ball forsee a fond farewell?
>
> I've not heard any talk of removing it, and I don't think it adds much
> load to carry on.
>
> Although I also think the CERN guys who were maintaining it said
> they're not making use of it any more, so I don't know if anybody
> feels any dedication to maintaining it either.

(cc'ing my colleague Giuseppe)

In fact it is still used at CERN and we're aware of at least one other
user in our HEP community at RAL. Xrootd -- the storage framework we
use heavily in HEP -- has a Ceph module built around libradosstriper.

As to maintenance, it's true that the original contributor is
currently on a different assignment, so it hasn't seen much dev
activity. Are there any issues we should be aware of that need
following up?

Cheers, Dan