Re: BUG: A force promote image remain locked after primary down.

You are most likely seeing this issue [1] where hung threads
associated with the unreachable remote cluster are preventing the
rbd-mirror daemon from releasing the image's lock on the local
cluster. It has hopefully been resolved as part of Luminous but it
isn't a good candidate for backport given all the associated changes
it depends upon.

[1] http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/18963

--
Jason