Re: About dmclock theory defect 答复: About dmClock tests confusion after integrating dmClock QoS library into ceph codebase

Hi Jie,

I think you’re right in both cases you describe. There are inherent limitations to any algorithm based on the distribution of requests to multiple servers that are themselves not interchangeable (i.e., a given request must go to a specific server). It seems to me dmclock does a relatively good job without requiring explicit and direct coordination between the servers and instead using the clients to help coordinate the distributed aspect of the algorithm.

Eric