Re: unable to build Debian Stretch for 12.1.2

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 5:02 AM, Alfredo Deza <adeza@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We are (consistently) hitting this Segmentation Fault:
>
> /build/ceph-12.1.2/src/test/librbd/object_map/test_mock_LockRequest.cc:61:3:
> internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
>    }
>    ^
>
> https://jenkins.ceph.com/job/ceph-build/ARCH=x86_64,AVAILABLE_ARCH=x86_64,AVAILABLE_DIST=stretch,DIST=stretch,MACHINE_SIZE=huge/237/consoleFull#-1443688772a811ea2-3e7b-466b-84b4-d13df7e35809
>
> The builds for Debian distros are all produced from Xenial hosts that
> use pbuilder to accommodate any Deb distro. On the same host, Xenial
> and Trusty works fine for example.
>
> GCC version on the box that failed:
>
> gcc (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.4) 5.4.0 20160609
>
> The scripts we use for building are here:
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph-build/tree/master/ceph-build/build
>
> Unless someone can help out identify why this happens and how to fix
> it, it means that we will not be able to have Stretch packages.

This looks like a compiler error.

You can use "VERBOSE=1 make" to get it to spit out the command line that it is
running at the time of failure. Then hopefully you can run the compiler in gdb
and get a stack trace or, alternatively capture a coredump and get a stack trace
from that. I'd there compare the stack trace with known gcc bugs and hope we get
a hit.

> -Alfredo
> --

Cheers,