Re: cephfs performance

Hi Sheng,

Sorry I misspoke in my previous email. The clients may all have the
capability to read and write but none of them will be able to
**cache** reads/writes or **buffer** writes. They rely on synchronous
read/write with the OSDs for consistency/atomicity.

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 9:19 AM, sheng qiu <herbert1984106@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> so when multiple write clients or a mix of read and write clients
> accessing same file, the previous cached data of this file on all
> clients will be revoked.

Yes.

> And the following multi-clients' write or mixed read and write
> accessing to that file will become synchronous.

Writes/reads are become synchronous, yes.

--
Patrick Donnelly