Re: Cmake: determening Ceph version when there is no git checkout.

On 12-7-2017 18:05, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 9:42 AM, Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Alternative would be to create a dir on download.ceph.com with a hash
>> file per released version to download??
>
> I'm not quite sure what you're asking, mind providing an example?

	http://download.ceph.com/tarballs/ceph_12.1.0.orig.tar.gz
and then something like
	http://download.ceph.com/tarballs/ceph_12.1.0.hash.txt
which contains the hash that goes with the version.

Also note that the sha256 are only created for older versions.
So "verification" for correctness with the tgz's is not possible.

--WjW