"Unix Domain socket path too long" failures in Jenkins make check

Hi Ceph!

Now that 10.2.8 is finally in QE, I had planned to turn my attention to kraken 11.2.1. The first task is to get the backport PRs through "make check". This is proving more difficult than usual because most of the time the make check test fails due to the "Unix Domain socket path too long" error. This happens in jewel PRs, too, but the incidence in kraken PRs seems much higher.

Does the CI team have statistics on how many make check jobs are failing due to this bug?

Also, is my understanding correct that there is no way to get Jenkins to shorten the path?

Thanks,
Nathan