Re: Tracing Ceph results

On 05/02/2017 08:49 PM, Mark Nelson wrote:
On 05/02/2017 04:05 PM, Mohamad Gebai wrote:

I've done some benchmarking of LTTng in the past. On average, a kernel
tracepoint costs less than 100ns and a userspace one is around 150ns. It
also hits the disk to periodically flush the tracing buffers. The
overhead is definitely non negligeable. I'll write a how-to as there are
quite a few steps to get all of this running.

Awesome job Mohamad! It'd be sweet if we could automate the tracing and geneation of plots like this. Some time I'd like to be able to include tracing like this during CBT benchmark runs.

Thanks Mark! I'll try to play with CBT and tracing automation, and I'll let you know if I find anything interesting.

Mohamad