Re: Ceph Package Repo on Ubuntu Precise(12.04) is broken

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 2:41 AM, Xiaoxi Chen <superdebuger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, I can definitely build my own,
>
> 1. Precise is NOT EOL on Hammer release, which was confirmed in
> previous mail thread. So we still need to maintain point-in-time
> hammer package for end users.

Ceph Hammer is EOL

> 2. It is NOT ONLY missing 0.94.10, instead, as how we organize the
> repo index(only contains latest package in  index), now all 0.94.x
> package on precise are not installable via apt.

I think this may be because we didn't built precise for 0.94.10 and
Debian repositories do not support multi-version packages. So although
other versions are there, but the latest one isn't, the repository
acts as there is nothing for Precise.

I would suggest an upgrade to a newer Ceph version at this point,
although Precise isn't built for any newer Ceph versions, so
effectively you are looking at
upgrading to a newer OS as well.