Re: Forwarding Rocksdb to a new sha

On 10-4-2017 15:36, Sage Weil wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Apr 2017, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have submitted a PR to RocksDB that got accepted.
>> But now I'd like to try it in my WIP tree.
>>
>> So how do I locally roll the RocksDB version forward?
>>
>> Is it as simple as going into RocksDB and go:
>> 	'git pull' ??
>
> It depends on what remotes you have in the rocksdb repository; you may
> have to 'git remote add upstream https://github.com/facebook/rocksdb' and
> fetch that first.

Uptil now I avoided cloning RocksDB and submitted PRs fully thru GitHub ;-)

> Once you get the submodule on the right commit, you'll need to make a
> commit in the containing ceph.git updating the submodule sha1.  (I usually
> use 'git gui' for this.)

There is not that many updates to RocksDB, And my PR-commit is the
current HEAD: 04abb2b2ddc308ab03f55ea9a1e08b62667d6e39

So how do I forward the submodule to this SHA?
And I can actually test this release of RockDB with Ceph. Otherwise we
stay at the old version we include, and I need to keep a patch.

--WjW