Re: some question about ceph qa case

On Tue, 28 Mar 2017, Xinze Chi (信泽) wrote:
> hi, all:
>
>      Recently, I read some qa case.  I confuse about pg move case.
>
>      In teuthology log, I see the log "Moving pg 1.3 from osd.1 to
> osd.5". In this case, maybe the lastest data is in osd.1. After move
> the pg to osd.5, the lastest data is in osd.5.
>
>      But in peering process, we get pg info from osd.1 instead of
> osd.5 base on osdmap. It would be wrong, right? Do I ignore some
> important info?
>
>      Could anyone explain the pg move case in detail?

You're exactly right.  And there is a hard-to-hit race where peering
will make a bad inference because of that; see

	http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/16003

Most of the time, though, the OSD with the imported PG copy comes up and
notifies the new primary that it has a copy before the new primary
concludes that the recent PG events don't exist.  Or the test model in
ceph_test_rados just doesn't notice the resulting inconsistency.

sage