Re: Can't compile because of -lpthreads

This appears to be a fallback compatibility check in CMake itself if it can't find -lpthread (which is what all the files in Ceph use). Likely you don't have the correct development package installed for pthread. I'm not an Ubuntu user, so I'm not sure which package you should install. Google seems to think it's libpthread-stubs0-dev but others on the list can correct me if I'm wrong.

Daniel