GSOC - Local File Backend for RGW

Hello,

my name is George Papadrosou and I am interested in submitting a proposal for the "Local File Backend for RGW” project for the Google Summer of Code 2017.

Currently, I am a graduate CS student at Georgia Institute of Technology. I have 3+ years of professional experience, mainly in web applications and servers. By May, I will have completed my first two master’s courses, Operating Systems and High Performance Computing.

I have not used Ceph before, however, I am planning on making my first contributions the next days, so I will be somewhat familiar with Ceph soon enough.

Looking forward to learn more about the RGW local file backend project and prepare a complete application.
I notice that Ceph already uses RocksDB and LevelDB, so I would like to know some more details about GSOC the project.

Also, if anyone has in mind any issue/task that is relevant to this project, I would appreciate telling me so I can work on it.

Thank you!--