Re: switch "ms bind ipv6" default to "true"?

On 08/02/17 17:59, Sage Weil wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Feb 2017, Wido den Hollander wrote:
>>
>> Isn't it possible that this causes troubles when explicitly setting
>> public and/or cluster network?
>
> Yeah.  But I think even more importantly, it assumes that the host is
> using ipv6, which it might not be.  Currently the messenger *either* uses
> ipv4 or ipv6, but it can't do both.

Assuming that the cluster / public network has not been explicitly set,
can't we bind in such a way that it will accept either, i.e., bind an
IPv6 socket and setsockopt IPV6_V6ONLY = 0?

Most network daemons these days seem to be moving towards that trend. We
would just need to check for non-IPv6 capable IP stacks (seriously...?)
before the bind, in which case it's a moot point anyway.